Monday of Lent 3, March 13


I feel sad and depressed. Life can be overwhelming!


You’re right! Life is tough. Depression can be a medical condition for which you need to see a doctor. But sometimes we just need hope - and there’s always hope in Jesus!


Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.  ~ Psalm 30:5b

Have mercy on me, O God,
    according to your steadfast love . . .
Let me hear joy and gladness;
    let the bones that you have broken rejoice.  ~ Psalm 51:1, 8

ACTIVITYSend a card to someone for whom life is tough right now. Let them know how much you appreciate them and ask how you might be able to help them out.


LISTENHere's a hymn (LSB #729) that's a simple children's hymn but is good for people of all ages.


Dear Jesus, help me when I’m sad. Help me when I’m glad. Help me when I’m mad. Help me when I’m bad. Help me find joy and hope in You. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment