Friday of Lent 4, March 24

 

Is virtual life real life
?


While social media can be a blessing, it cannot substitute for being with others. We need hugs, smiles, encouragement, and togetherness.


Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”  ~ Genesis 2:18

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.  ~ Matthew 18:20

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.  ~ Hebrews 10:24-25


ACTIVITY: Spend some time with a friend or loved one today. Visit someone who is lonely, elderly, or in a nursing home.

UN-ACTIVITY: Spend the day OFF all social media. (It's okay! The world will go on and it will be there for you tomorrow!)

Dear Jesus, thank You for giving me life. Help me live my life with others, not without them, and to see others as a blessing to me, and me to them. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment