Saturday of Lent 4, March 25


I’m old. I’m tired. I’m sick.
I'm sick and tired of this old world! 
Some days it's hard to care.
Some days I don't even want to try. 
What can I do?
What do I have to look forward to?


Jesus told us the world would be tough. And it is! But you do make a difference, to those around you, to those who might feel the same way as you. Take it one day at a time. Instead of focusing on the big things (which can seem overwhelming!), focus on the little things you can do, even for just one person. That can make a big difference - for them and for you!


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials.  ~ 1 Peter 1:3-6


ACTIVITY: Do something little to help someone today. Thank someone for their help today.


Dear Jesus, thank You for taking care of the big issues for me - life and death! Help me to live knowing all You have done for me so that I can now do for others. And give me joy today as I do so! Amen.


If your heart is so moved by the Scriptures, hymns, and prayers of this week, consider making a donation (your Lenten almsgiving) to Community Residences, Inc. (CRi), to help those in need and challenging life circumstances. You can do so either with a direct donation on the CRi website, or donating to our church and indicating that your donation is for CRi.


No comments:

Post a Comment