Thursday of Lent 5, March 30


I'm afraid of dying! What can I do? Does this mean I don't have enough faith?


This fear is natural. Even people with very strong faith are sometimes afraid. Death is unnatural. Death is our enemy. But remember that Jesus has overcome death for us! Because He died and rose from death, in Him we, too, who die will rise from death. Jesus promised you that, and He's never broken a promise. Ever!


For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.  ~ 1 Corinthians 15:21-22

Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he [Jesus] himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.  ~ Hebrews 2:14-15

For I know that my Redeemer lives . . . And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.  ~ Job 19:25-27





LISTEN to the hymn The King of Love My Shepherd Is (words available to follow along under the video).

ACTIVITY: Send a card to someone who is elderly or ill - tell them they are loved, and of the hope we have in Jesus. (And maybe make a card! This is a lost art in our world today.)


Dear Jesus, when I am afraid, direct my eyes to your empty tomb to know that You have overcome death for me, and strengthen me in Your words and promises to know that in You I have life now and life forever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment